* First block of Loucks Avenue, 10:12 a.m.: A deer was seen in the area.
* Campbell Avenue and Glen Alto Drive, 4:04 p.m.: A dog bit another dog.
* First block of South San Antonio Road, 6:29 p.m.: A person was ejected from the library.
* 800 block of College Avenue, 3:16 p.m.: A mailbox was damaged.
* La Cruz Avenue and Magnolia Avenue, 4:52 p.m.: A vehicle was towed for having registration that expired more than six months ago. The person police contacted told an officer he was arrested by Millbrae police three years ago.
* 300 block of Lang Road, 1:13 p.m.: A set of scuba gear worth $1,800 was stolen.
* 400 block of University Avenue, 3:09 p.m.: Police received reports that some juveniles were drinking alcohol in a creek, but none were found.
* Los Altos police on Wednesday received reports at 9:47 p.m. of a woman screaming on the 700 block of Covington Drive. She was having an argument on her cell phone.
I had this wine a couple nights ago after a really, really long night at work. I am going to be honest and say I have no recollection of what this wine tastes like, and that although there is a little left in the fridge, I don’t really want to drink it or walk over to get it because I just wandered around the city for three hours.
I wish I could take a nap right now. It’s too light out still and it would be a waste of a good day. And I promised Jake I’d take him some food at work tonight, and I have to get there before 9 p.m. so I can go to Trader Joe’s and get some stuff to put in the slow-cooker I just bought. You know how it is when you’re physically tired but you’re still awake, and you think the nap is the answer? I know better by now, but this problem still has no good solution. I’d rent a car to get over there but by the time I finish cooking my crappy food for him I’ll be fine enough to walk the three blocks to the streetcar to his office. And I have a valid transfer from earlier since the bus driver was nice and gave me one for all day. Sometimes it’s nice that MUNI drivers don’t give a fuck.
Anyway, I don’t remember this wine being offensive, and I was really glad it was in my house after a long night of fires and death and mayhem (which from what I’ve gathered is continuing, but who cares because it’s my weekend). The design of the label was nice, too.
“I’m not sure that it really glows in the dark like you would think of other things that glow in the dark. Maybe if you had it under some light before night time. But its a nice scenery that you can see from across the room; even the smallest size. If you like puzzles and like Thomas Kinkade, you’ll enjoy these puzzles.”—Amazon sells EVERYTHING.
“I don’t think aliens or ghosts like black people. We never get abducted; our houses never get haunted. It always happens in the rural areas, where no ethnic people live.”—XZIBIT (who is co-starring in the X-Files movie????)
* Old County Road, 7:51 p.m.: People who were trying to get a ball down from a tree tried to do so by throwing a rock, and the rock damaged a vehicle.
* Safeway, East Hillsdale Boulevard, 1:37 p.m.: Police admonished someone for leaving two dogs in a vehicle with the windows rolled up most of the way.
* Taco Bell on Triton Drive, 8:33 p.m.: Teens were causing trouble in the drivethrough.
* 3300 block of Vernon Terrace, 7:41 p.m.: A resident discovered his front doors open.
* 400 block of University Avenue, 11:14 a.m.: Someone found a child’s watch.
* First block of Alma Court, 12:21 p.m.: A house cleaner accidentally dialed 911.
* 400 block of Fir Lane, 4:31 p.m.: A resident spotted a bobcat in a backyard. The bobcat left the yard without incident.
* 900 block of Arnold Way, 4:58 a.m.: Three men wearing white T-shirts and baggy jeans were yelling and screaming.